Monday, August 24, 2009




Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Molly. I hope you had a great day.

Meanwhile, back at storm central, the winds howled and trees were being uprooted. The RV next to us was picked up and hurled into the lake. As it swept past us I waved to our neighbors as they flew away. Just last night I said they seemed like such nice people. Oh well…
Since none of this actually happened and Hurricane Bill landed without doing any damage, I can laugh at my earlier apprehensions. It was more of a typical rainy day than a serious storm.

In between breaks of rain we took Nicky for her daily constitutional. The lake was a little choppy and I saw Canadian Geese circling overhead before landing high up in a tree. I'm not sure if it was a nest or just a rest stop. Hope they found someplace safe and warm for the night. All in all, we enjoyed a cozy day of rest snug in our little Casita. In its own way, it was a welcome change. All this vacationing is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment